Before I became a Santa Monica real estate agent, I was a stay at home dad for four glorious years with an infant and a toddler and was always looking for fun things to do that didn’t cost anything, or at the very least a minimal amount of money. And given the nature of the economy at present, I thought it would be great to share these cool things to do.
Santa Monica has some amazing people and places to check out. Here’s my list, please feel free to add in the comments if you think of something.
1. Santa Monica farmer’s markets – always a great way to teach your kids about food and where it comes from.
2. The library – the new library downtown on 6th is a green LEED certified building, so you can feel better about that! Plus there’s a free story time!
3. Santa Monica airport – there’s a viewing station you can watch the planes take off and land. If you get lucky, a pilot might let you check out the inside of a cockpit.
4. The BEACH! – Always a hit. Although parking may cost you a buck.
5. Parks – Santa Monica has some excellent parks great for walking, exercising, having a birthday party and more!
6. Sledding in Southern California – in the winter they create huge piles of sand to deter beach erosion.
7. Open Houses – if you are looking for homes for sale in Santa Monica, then come and visit one of my open houses – I usually have treats and kids are always welcome. Contact me to find out where I’ll be on Sunday in Santa Monica.
Add yours to the comment section below!